Thursday 19 November 2015

Glow little glow worm.

#RunningForRukai
http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/MaxineNapal26.2

The problem with life is it interferes with running. And blogging. And increasing Ye Olde Iron Arse. But nonetheless I've done my level best to continue all of these despite a honking three day meeting and a night without seeing my little Dude. Yet I survived, I ran, I maximized glutes and I lived to tell about it.

Last Sunday I started a run at dusk, kidding myself that I'd be able to do a couple laps of the local park then finish with a swoop around 'the block'. Needless to say - in the similar vein that I am not Paula Radcliffe - it is not June, it is NOVEMBER (What? How?!) and it gets dark in twentysixpointtwo seconds. So thankfully I had my deliciously green glow in the dark jacket on and after I stumbled through a very dark park to knock out the first lap, moved out onto the pavement for a few more around that mighty block.

Lo and behold pavement is a bit uneven. Who knew?

But I soldiered on, covered my planned just-over-six-miles and made it home unscathed. Have to say I'm not a fan of night running - folks like me have enough trouble coordinating breathing and not dying on a typical run - so I will do all I can to prevent it going forward. It looks like mid-day is my new best friend, although it may be a bit tricky to run carrying a laptop.

Needless to say the strength training is not only integral to 'The Plan' but it is also completely having the desired effect, that being 'making me less likely to fall over and die' while running. And bless him, my Mini Coach Rukai is seeing to it that I stick to The Plan. Last time I chugged through my side steps across the kitchen he marched along with me for the full five reps. Forward to the end, I take the resistance band off and put it on the floor. Mini Coach demanded a few more. Apparently he had spotted Ye Olde Pudding Arse. And here I thought he wasn't paying attention.

But he's right - I'm not going to be finished with this or anything else that has to do with him til he says I am. My reason for being, my reason for racing. With pleasure, little Dude.

(Ok, ok, I'm going...)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.